Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Financial Thoughts

Christmas has forced me to look at my finances a bit more.  When the Holiday are here, you spend a lot of money and, if you're not careful, you spend too much money. 

Thus, I have been Investigating Retirement Options and trying to come up with a way to maximize the money that I will have available when I retire.  Right now, I make enough to live very well on and I do not foresee losing my job. 

However, I am aware that this could happen and so I do have a "6 month emergency fund" if that is absolutely necessary.  It is simply sitting in a savings account and not making any money.

My retirement is looking pretty good as I have been maxing out my 401k throughout the years.  But, I have recently learned How To Open A Roth IRA and that this is a very good idea as far as retirement goes.

The maximum contribution each year is $5000 after tax dollars.  This will mean setting aside about $400 dollars per week.  I think I can do that if I just do some basic things.  

In this way, a Roth IRA and max 401k contributions, I am thinking that I will be looking good when retirement.  Well, financially at least ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment