Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Tale of Dolly Parton

I read a recent headline that Dolly Parton Back on Top of the Country Charts and I can not be more excited.  I simply love Dolly Parton.

My first Dolly memory is from the movie 9 to 5 and she appealed to me in every way.  Her genuine smile and kindness, along with her other assets, set my young mind in a good frame.  Since then, I have followed her career and thrilled to see her make a comeback.

Her new album contains the song Jolene which is now not only one of the top country hits but one of the top singles in the country is a classic.  Apparently, she performed this song, and all the songs from the album, live from London.

The odd thing about this was that I did not even know that they like country music in London.  Although come to think of it that is where the Dixie Chicks got into trouble for their George Bush comments so maybe they do have a bit of country audience.

Along with Dolly, my two other country favorites are George Strait and Randy Travis.  Each of their songs tell a story and they sing with such silky smooth voices. 

It surprises me little that country music has gone mainstream.  There is truly a tale in every song and the voices are selling point, not skinclad, sexiness with no soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment